01 May 2011

I feel your pain!


My wife – Chris, had to go away for a week and I was left alone. During this period I had recently acquired new responsibilities. With my wife around, I took simple things for granted. However, as my wife, friend, soul-mate, companion and helper was not around, the workload seemed a lot more.

Now I had to think about food, maintaining the house, clothes that I needed to get ready, holding meetings, evangelising as well as starting my new responsibilities.

There was no one to come home with at the end of the day. There was no kiss to greet me when I arrived home. The house seemed empty; staring at the 4 walls didn’t seem much fun. Chris was not around to ask one another how our day went. No good morning or good night kiss. She would normally go to bed 5-10 minutes before me. By the time I would retire to bed, she had already warmed it up with her body heat. During that week there was no one there to do that, so I had to endure the cold sheets on my own. “Two in a bed warm each other. Alone, you shiver all night.” – Ecclesiastes 4:11 (The Message)

You may say to yourself “So what! I have gone through this every day for years.”  Well, this is the whole reason why I’m writing this!

To all the single people – I feel your pain!

I know it was only for one week. But I now understand what you have been going through for years. That week can never compare to the years of loneliness you have endured, but I now know what you go through.

I can understand why you want to be in church most days of the week. I can understand when you approach the pastor in tears – You are just venting out your frustration. I feel your pain! However, it does not give you the right to give up, nor make any rash decisions in your love life to find someone who will take away your loneliness, or warm your bed.

The only way you can get rid of this pain and take your mind off being single is to get to know the One whom you cannot see. There are people in the church who are single and happy. Notice I did not say they are content with being alone. The sad, empty feeling they once had has now been replaced by the Holy Spirit.

Now follow their example. And soon you will find your friend, soul-mate and helper.  "It's not good for the Man to be alone; I'll make him a helper, a companion." Genesis 2:18 (The Message).  

Pastor Michael boodram
love@uckg.org

No comments:

Post a Comment