14 November 2011

The forward thinker


I recently got over a very bad flu that hit me unexpectedly. I hardly get the flu, but when it does happen, it hits me hard. Thank God I have my wife to look after me when I get like this.

Thinking back, I realise there were a few things that I could and should have done to avoid, or at least limit the chances of catching the flu.

Firstly, I could have avoided being close to that colleague of mine whom I suspected had the flu too. While working near me, he coughed unintentionally next to my face. Had I have known, things would have been different. I wouldn't have stayed as close to him when he was talking.

Secondly, I could have eaten more healthily, strengthening my immune system. I noticed that I hadn't been eating as many fruits and vegetables as I normally do. Also I hadn't been did drinking enough water, or orange juice, something that I personally know I need to drink.

Thirdly, I could have been more active, doing some sort of physical exercise to help strengthen my immune system also.

The thing is, we do not know when we will fall ill. If we did, we would do everything possible to avoid becoming sick. As the saying goes, prevention is better than a cure. Had I been more forward thinking and done all the things mentioned, I could have avoided becoming sick.

Why do people also do this when it comes to relationships?

Why is it that that a woman falls for the same type of man having had the 'x' number of previous relationships end because she could not see, or chose to believe that this time 'he' was different?

Why is it that although he is many years older than you are, you still end up in a relationship with him knowing like the others, he will eventually treat you like his child and not respect you or value your opinions?

Why is it that all women you are interested in or have been with in the past say the same thing about you - You are "stubborn", "proud", "arrogant", "mean", "jealous".

Is every woman you have been with wrong, including the Holy Spirit who says the same thing to you in the service?

Never think 'this time it will be different' when you have not thought, said, reacted to or done anything differently in relation to what you went through in your past. It doesn't work like that.

How can you end this repetition of failure that now makes you believe in your head it's everyone else's fault - even God's?

Firstly, learn from your mistakes! Listen to your gut instinct!

Learn from what you have heard in the church - the use of your faith with intelligence.

Be a forward thinker! Stop your feelings from guiding you to yet another disastrous relationship or even marriage.

By the way, have you been attending the Love Therapy on Saturdays? If not, what are you waiting for? Come and receive the Spirit of love.

If you have understood this message and are willing to attend or you are already attending, then you have caught the forward thinking spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment