23 May 2011

The Blame Game


Whenever we don't want to admit we are wrong or own up to our mistakes, we will always look for someone else to point the finger of blame at. We adopted this "it wasn't me, it was them" attitude when we were children to escape being 'told off'.

This is what the first man and woman did in the Garden of Eden. When Eve was tempted by the serpent and ate the fruit, it didn’t stop there; she persuaded her husband to eat from the same tree. Now let’s look at what they said when God enquired about their behaviour.

How did Adam respond to God's question? - "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you that you should not eat?"
Instead of answering "I realised I was naked. We both ate from the tree you told us not to eat from", he decided to blame someone else His wife! His answer: "The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I ate."

How did Eve respond to God's question? - "What is this you have done?" Instead of answering "It was all my fault, I should not have given any attention to the serpent", she said "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."

Both Adam and Eve played 'The Blame Game'.

When you point the finger at others, you are in fact repeating Adam and Eve's biggest mistake. You are in fact revealing who you really are and not what others are actually like.

Do not blame others for your mistakes! Own up to them, admit to them and move on by not repeating those mistakes again.
This could be the reason why you are unhappy in your love life; still single or, maybe you are with someone, however, the constant bickering and finger-pointing does little to solve the real problem
Admitting YOU are at fault.
Do not focus on your partner's many mistakes s/he may have. Work on dealing with your own first. That way, you will help your partner overcome theirs instead being the major player in 'The Blame Game


'"And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye." Matthew 7:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment